1. Collecting Information:
In using the Site, PayPrep may collect "nonpublic personal information" about you. "Nonpublic personal information" is nonpublic information about you that PayPrep obtains in connection with providing a financial service to you. PayPrep may collect such information from the following sources:
(a) Preparing and Paying Taxes:
Members will be asked to provide certain information relevant to calculating and paying your taxes.
(b) Credit Card Information:
Members will be asked to provide information for the facilitation of financial transactions that you authorize PayPrep to complete.
(c) Contact Information:
Members will be asked to provide information relevant to your communicating with PayPrep.
(d) Technical Information:
PayPrep may collect technical information, which does not allow us to identify you personally, including the type of Internet Browser or computer operating system that you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to the Site. PayPrep may also store some information in the form of a "cookie" or similar file that is automatically downloaded to your computer. If you do not want cookies sent to or stored on your system, please select the appropriate option for your Internet Browser.
2. Disclosing Nonpublic Personal Information:
In using the Site, PayPrep may disclose the information it collects only in accordance with the following provisions:
(a) General Disclosures:
PayPrep is permitted under law to disclose nonpublic personal information about you to third parties, including, but not limited to, the IRS or other relevant tax authority, to assist us in servicing your account with PayPrep, to government entities in response to subpoenas, and to credit bureaus. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except as permitted by law.
(b) Specific IRS Disclosures:
As a method for detecting fraud in tax information transmitted via the Internet, the IRS requires PayPrep to provide to the IRS, in connection with the electronic filing of tax returns, the Internal Protocol (IP) address of the computer from which the return originated. PayPrep is also required to notify the IRS whether the e-mail address of the person electronically filing the return has been collected.
(c) Affiliate Sharing:
PayPrep is permitted under law to share information about our experiences or transactions with you or your account with companies related to us by common control or ownership ("affiliates"). In the event that any company acquires PayPrep whether by merger, purchase of stock, acquisition of substantially all of the assets related to the Site or any other means reasonably designed to transfer ownership of the Site to such company, PayPrep will transfer all Member nonpublic personal information to such an affiliate. The obligations of this Policy will be assumed in connection with any such transfer.
3. PayPrep will retain all Member nonpublic personal information until at least the end of the calendar year for the purpose of facilitating the production of tax and other relevant financial documents. Additionally, PayPrep may store all Member nonpublic personal information for at least three (3) years for Member convenience and in the event of an audit by an appropriate tax authority. If you decide to close your account(s) or become an inactive Member, PayPrep will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to your nonpublic personal information. In the event that you wish to receive this information, PayPrep may charge you a service fee for the storage and transmitting of such information.
4. You are not required to receive any mailings from us or our sponsors that you do not wish to receive. During the registration process, you will have the option to sign up to receive PayPrep mailings and sponsor offers. If you wish to discontinue receiving these items, you may change your subscription preferences at any time by contacting PayPrep at email@example.com.
5. You do not have to participate in any surveys. From time to time, PayPrep may solicit your opinion to determine your preferences and dislikes in order to provide you with a better product. These surveys are always optional to the Member and your decision not to participate in a survey will not affect your status as a Member. Should you choose to participate, any information you give us may be used in aggregate form for further marketing purposes. In no event will PayPrep disclose any nonpublic personal information you provide in these surveys to any third parties.
6. PayPrep takes steps to safeguard Member information. PayPrep restricts access to your personal and account information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. Employees who violate these standards will be subject to disciplinary measures. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
7. PayPrep reserves the right to make changes to this Policy. You acknowledge that posting such changes on the Site constitutes sufficient notice and will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such changes. Please check this space regularly for any changes. If PayPrep plans to make changes to this Policy with respect to any nonpublic personal information, PayPrep will post those changes to this Policy 30 days before they take effect. You agree to receive all subsequent annual privacy notices at the Site.